Students and Families of Satellite Gaming,
After thoughtful, nerdy conversations, and prayerful consideration, our staff and board has determined what action steps we can take while our nation battles COVID-19:
Our top priority is to be prayerful and supportive of those already affected by the virus, and to do our part to keep the virus from spreading any further. We also acknowledge, and support, the precautionary steps that our state and school district have taken.
Here are our action steps:
- All clubs are cancelled leading up to spring break… Satellite Gaming equipment is touched by hundreds of students each week, therefore, our first action step is to deep clean all of our equipment before hosting any clubs/events.
- This is a time to reflect… With everyone being stuck in their homes, we see this as a perfect opportunity to reflect, meditate, and focus on what is important.
- Starting March 15th, Sunday nights at 6:00 PM, we will have lofi/chillstep music, scripture reading, and a time of discussion on our Twitch Channel (https://www.twitch.tv/satellite_gaming).
- This is a time to chill… Gamers… this is our time to shine! We love shoulder to shoulder gaming, but sometimes, online interaction is all you can get… We encourage everyone to take this time to build and cultivate positivity in their online communities. Don’t have an online community? Fear not…
- Starting Monday, March 16th, Satellite Gaming will be live streaming from our Twitch channel (https://www.twitch.tv/satellite_gaming) every weekday from 2-4PM PST (the time slot we normally host after school clubs). We want this to be a time for our students to connect with one another, play games, and engage in positive community while they are at home staying healthy. This will also serve as a way for others to engage with our community and see what we are all about.
We love you all, and we can’t wait to see you Sunday nights at 6:00 PM and Weekdays at 2:00 PM (PST).
With all the nerdy love our world can give,
Jamie Harris and the Satellite Gaming Board of Directors